Are you our new colleague with a sense of responsibility, excellent hospitality and perseverance? Do you want to work in a dynamic hospitality environment full of challenges at a unique location on the Beach of Amsterdam and do you want to play the Champions League of the hotel industry? Then we want you at Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin!
What are you going to do?
The Front Office team of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager. You are the point of contact for our guests and you are happy to welcome them. During your shifts you are responsible for everything that happens at the Front Office and you work closely with the Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager. You supervise the team consisting of receptionists, concierges and baggage handlers. You prepare various activities (including arrivals and departures), you put the team to work and you are responsible for the operational course of business. During your shift, you ensure that your colleagues can perform their work well and you are involved in supporting management tasks. You are also the point of contact for the team during your shift. Your duties as an Assistant Front Office Manager also include administrative tasks such as preparing shift handovers, writing the daily report, handling complaints and taking care of the financial administration.
Why are you in the right place with us?
Your main tasks are:
- Receiving, checking in and out of guests, you are the first point of contact upon arrival;
- Briefing your colleagues and being informed about events and activities in and around the hotel;
- Supporting the Front Office Manager through various tasks including, for example, preparing arrivals, departures, preparing rosters, preparing room schedules, processing invoices and attending daily meetings and services;
- Processing payments using the cash register system and the eventual correct processing of these payments (including keeping track of the register and sending invoices);
- Providing service, such as taking care of various requests, the wake-up service, receiving and passing on messages, complaints, etc.;
- Taking care of the issuance and collection of keys from various departments;
- Monitor and be alert to hotel entrances and security;
- Calling up colleagues (e.g. in case of calamities) in consultation with the Front Office Manager;
- Supervising a correct working method during the shifts of receptionists, baggage handlers and concierges;
- Maintaining contact with Housekeeping regarding guest requests, late departures, day use rooms and early arrivals;
- Reporting all relevant information to the Front Office Manager;
- The administration of the Front Office;
- In their absence, replacing the Reservations Officer;
- Preparing arriving and departing guests.
What are your working hours?
Flexibility is an important characteristic in the hospitality industry. At the Front Office there are various shifts during a day: A morning shift (7:00 am – 3:36 pm), an evening shift (2:45 pm – 11:21 pm) and an intermediate shift (various start and end times).
What helps you on your way at the Front Office?
You meet or largely master the following points:
- You feel like a new challenge, working in the hospitality industry gives you energy;
- You already have experience in a managerial position;
- You have at least three years of Front Office experience, preferably in a comparable hotel;
- You have at least MBO 4 work and thinking level;
- You have great leadership skills;
- You are hospitable, representative, well-mannered and eager to learn;
- You are a strong communicator when dealing with guests and colleagues;
- You are always there for your guests and colleagues;
- You feel at home in a service-oriented environment;
- You are flexible and know when your presence is expected;
- You are motivated, ambitious and not afraid of a challenge;
- You have a professional and service-oriented attitude;
- You have a good grasp of the Dutch, English and German language;
- You have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office) and are familiar with reservation systems.
What do we have to offer you?
- Permanent or part-time employment;
- A salary conform to industry standards;
- Payment of overtime;
- 25 vacation days and compensation when working on public holidays;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Contribution to travel costs (depending on the distance between home and work);
- Various career opportunities tailored to your ambition;
- Group health insurance;
- Discount on room nights and in the restaurants of Huis ter Duin;
- 10% discount on items from our gift shop;
- A unique experience in the hospitality industry in an exciting working environment!;
- A Preferred Career Network, potential advancement in the Preferred Hotel Group;
- A unique employer on your resume!
Are you interested in becoming the new colleague Assistant Front Office Manager and joining the team in a unique hotel on the Dutch coast? Then apply quickly!