To strengthen our enthusiastic and professional team, we are looking for both full-time and part-time baggage handler.
Job description of a baggage handler
To strengthen our enthusiastic and professional team, we are looking for both full-time and part-time baggage handler. In this position you are responsible for the first impression of the guests of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. As a baggage handler you welcome our guests warmly and you are the point of contact during their stay.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Receiving and transporting luggage to the hotel rooms;
- Escorting guests to the hotel rooms, providing general information about hotel facilities and the operation of equipment;
- Monitor the arrival of unwanted visitors and warn security if necessary;
- Responsible for hanging, collecting and storing the flags;
- Providing guest services: ordering taxis, parking the cars of arriving guests, delivering messages, groceries, etc.;
- Assisting housekeeping with internal moves, placing/removing extra beds, fruit baskets, etc.;
- Providing information to (international) guests.
- Carrying out other activities related to the above on behalf of the manager.
- Good grasp of Dutch, English and German language
- Welcoming and friendly
- Motivated and flexible
- Stress resistant
Other information and circumstances
- Compliance with regulations in the field of safety, health and safety, HACCP and work performance methods (house style);
- Effort when lifting/moving luggage, beds, etc.
We offer you
- A unique experience at the beach in an exciting working environment!;
- A salary in accordance with the Horeca Collective Labor Agreement (tailored to position and work experience);
- 8% Holiday allowance;
- Group health insurance;
- Contribution to travel costs (depending on distance);
- Free for One (if you come to dinner with a group, you do not have to pay as an employee);
- Discount on room nights;
- 10% discount on items from our gift shop;
- A Preferred Career Network: you can also grow further in one of the other hotels of the Preferred Hotel Group.