To strengthen our enthusiastic and motivated team, we are looking for a new Breakfast Chef for the kitchens of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin.
Description of function
As a breakfast chef, you are responsible for preparing the entire breakfast buffet and diverse á la carte dishes. You handle the mise en place, the preparation construction of a variety of dishes. The breakfast runs because of your enthusiasm and optimal service and you know how to deliver high-quality dishes. We believe fun and a positive attitude is very important both towards the guests, and your colleagues. The guests start their day the way they want to because of you and your colleagues. Your responsibilities include;
- Independently producing and preparing breakfast options in the hotel;
- Evaluating the quality of products/ ingredients you use based on freshness, shelf life etc. and setting up kitchen tools;
- Preparing dishes based on recipes and planning;
- Planning daily work activities and ordering products and ingredients;
- Contributing towards creative dishes meant to fill menus;
- Mentoring potential students or interns; giving advice and monitoring quality of work;
- Cleaning the work-environment and kitchen equipment.
Expectations, who are you?
You already have experience in a kitchen, preferably a similar function. You enjoy working with fresh and beautiful products and want to bring out the best of them in the dishes you make. You fit most or all of these characteristics;
- A industry-oriented chef’s diploma is beneficial, preferably a SVH-chef’s diploma or similar;
- Familiar with HACCP;
- Experience in a kitchen, preferably a similar kitchen;
- Fluent in the Dutch and/ or English language;
- Motivated and active attitude;
- Stress resistant.
We offer you:
The kitchens of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin offer you a challenging function in a gorgeous environment with;
- A full-time employment;
- A unique experience in a dynamic work-environment;
- A salary that complies to catering industry averages CAO (based on function and work experience);
- Vacation days and an 8% holiday bonus;
- Collective health insurance;
- Compensation for travel costs (depending on commute);
- Free For one, employee-discount in all our restaurants;
- Discounts on hotel-stays;
- A Preferred Career Network: with possibility of growing your career in other hotels part of the Preferred Hotel Group;
- A respected employer on your resume!;
- Possibility of living space close to the hotel and parking.