The kitchens of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin are looking for a new Kitchen Intern.
Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is a teaching company by heart. We offer interesting internships and learning opportunities in our various kitchens and restaurants.
Description of function
As an intern in our kitchens you use your interests and ambitions to the best of your ability. You handle your ingredients, mise en place, and production of dishes with care. Flexibility, team spirit, motivation and collegiality are important elements in your function. You show a great interest in the products you use and prepare dishes with passion. Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparatory tasks such as washing, slicing, cooking, mixing, etc.;
- Assisting during receiving and storing orders for the kitchen;
- Evaluating the quality (freshness, shelf life) of the products/ ingredients that come in;
- Set up of kitchen equipment;
- Preparing dishes and/or components of dishes according to recipes or specific instructions of the chef;
- Conducting quality controls and adjusting dishes when necessary;
- Finishing dishes (plating, garnishing);
- Examining dishes on presentation-demands;
- Cleaning the kitchen and equipment, and disposing of rubbish;
- Assisting in different departments when necessary.
Expectations, who are you?
You fit most or all of the characteristics mentioned underneith:
- You have experience in the kitchen and want to learn more,
- You are familiar with HACCP;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are flexible;
- You are motivated;
- You are a teamplayer.
What can we offer you?
- An internship contract with the opportunity to grow within the company after your internship;
- A unique experience on the beach in an interesting working environment;
- An internship compensation;
- An educative challenge in an enthusiastic team;
- A professional supervisor to guide you during your internship;
- Compensation for travel expenses (depending on commute);
- Free for One (when dining with a group, colleagues do not pay);
- Discounts on overnight stays;