To strengthen our Front Office team, we are looking for a motivated Operator. Do you want to work in a dynamic and challenging environment at a unique location on the beach and do you want to play the Champion’s League of the hospitality industry? Then Grand hotel Huis ter Duin is looking for you!
What will you be doing?
As an Operator, you are partially responsible for the first impression the hotel brings our guests, most of which happens before the guests arrive. Moreover, you are responsible for the telephone traffic and are able to communicate to guests via the telephone professionally. You provide guests with the right information, make restaurant reservations and are able to make room reservations.
Flexibility, team spirit, motivation and collegiality are important elements in your role as Operator. You show great interest in the company and its services. You are able to do your job with passion within different services and teams.
What will your tasks be:
- Regulating telephone traffic for the hotel and being the vocal point for guests. You are able to transfer calls from guests and colleagues to other departments;
- Attending the daily briefing and being aware of all events and activities within the hotel and its surroundings;
- Services such as wake up calls, receiving and communicating guests’ wishes, handling complaints, etc.;
- Taking reservations for restaurants and hotel rooms;
- Preparing VIP-arrivals;
- Providing guests with information, noting and delivering messages.
- Drafting, answering and sending standard emails or letters.
- Providing general and touristic information to guests about Noordwijk and its surroundings.
- Calling up colleagues (including in the event of calamities).
What are your working hours?
Flexibility within the hospitality is an important characteristic. There are a number of shifts during the day at the Front Office. For this function the usual working hours will be between 9:00 and 17:00 and between 10:00 and 18:00.
What do we expect from you?
As an Operator at the Front Office, we expect these characteristics:
- An MBO-4 working- and thinking level;
- A strong affinity with and a passion for hospitality;
- You are hospitable, representative and well-mannered;
- You are a strong communicator (verbally and in writing) with guests and colleagues:
- You feel at home in a service-oriented environment;
- You are prepared to work evening and weekend shifts and do not have a 9 to 5 mentality;
- You are motivated, ambitious and not afraid of a challenge;
- You are professional and service-oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and German.
What do we have to offer you?
Now you are aware of what we expect of you, we will list what you can expect from us:
- A full- or part time contract;
- A unique experience on the beach in an interesting work environment;
- A salary that is based on your education and experience;
- Paid overtime;
- 25 vacation days and compensation for working on holidays;
- 8% vacation bonus;
- Diverse possibilities to grow your career depending on your ambition;
- Collective health insurance;
- Compensation for travel costs (depending on commute);
- Discounts for overnight stays and in the restaurants of Huis ter Duin;
- A 10% discount on articles within our gift shop;
- A Preferred Career Network, the opportunity to grow your Career within the Preferred Hotel Group.
- A unique employer on your resume!
Are you interested in being our new Operator? Do you want to strengthen our team at a unique hotel on the Dutch coast. Apply now!