Our kitchen brigade is looking for a prepatory chef to strengthen the team. Together with the kitchen team, you take care of the kitchen work and ensure that your mise en place is in order. you as a preparation chef are therefore of crucial importance for the mise & place of our hotel's restaurants.
Working in Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is an experience in itself, as a prepatory chef you do everything you can to support the kitchen team with the mise en place. Together with an enthusiastic team, you ensure that the mise en place is in order and thus contribute to the success of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin.
What will you do as a prepatory chef?
As a prepatory chef, you perform work in the kitchens of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. Your work mainly takes place during the day. In your role you manage 1 or 2 assistant cooks. The work consists of;
- Unpacking deliveries, assisting with storage;
- Assessing the quality of products/ingredients to be used;
- Carrying out preparatory work, washing, cutting, (pre)cooking, mixing, stirring, etc.;
- Preparing resources;
- Carrying out the preparations, monitoring/checking the quality, doneness, taste, colour, fluidity, etc.;
- Supervising the assistant(s), giving directions and instructions;
- Cleaning the work environment;
- Washing tools;
- Collection and disposal of (kitchen) waste;
- Working in accordance with regulations in the field of safety, working conditions, HACCP and house style.
Job expectations, who are you?
You enjoy working in a kitchen and you have an affinity with food and cooking. You join hands are a worker. You meet or largely master;
- A professional chef’s diploma is an advantage;
- Familiar with HACCP;
- Experience in the kitchen, preferably a similar kitchen;
- Command of the Dutch language and/or English language;
- Motivated and active attitude;
- Team player;
- Stress resistant.
We offer you:
- A permanent or part-time employment contract;
- A salary in accordance with the Horeca Collective Labor Agreement (tailored to position and work experience);
- Accrual of holidays and 8% holiday allowance;
- Insightful time registration, registration of overtime, time by time arrangement;
- Group health insurance;
- Contribution to travel costs (depending on the distance between home and work);
- Free for One, staff discount in all our restaurants;
- Discount on room nights;
- A great employer on your CV!
- Possibility of living space close to the hotel and parking facilities.