At the Front Office, we are looking for motivated receptionists. Do you want to work in a dynamic and challenging workplace on a unique location and do you want to play the Champions League of the hotel industry? Then we are looking for you at Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin!
What are you going to do as a receptionist?
As a receptionist from Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, you are the first point of contact for our guests. Welcoming and speaking to our guests is part of your daily work, as well as checking them in and out. Furthermore, you are responsible for the telephone and the cash register. You provide our guests with the correct information, and you know how to leave a good and professional impression. Flexibility, team spirit, motivation and collegiality are important elements in performing this job. You show a high degree of interest in the organization and its services, and you perform your work with passion and enthusiasm for the profession in various departments and team compositions.
Why do you fit in with us?
Your ambition is to fulfil these tasks to the best of your ability, and you get excited about serving the guests. We are working with passion in the hotel industry. Finding the right combination between service, personal attention, and professionalism are essential for our profession. That’s why we ask our employees to have a passion for hospitality and an eager to learn and professional attitude. Your daily tasks as a receptionist are:
- Welcoming and check-in and check-out of guests.
- Attend the daily briefing and be aware of events and activities in and around the hotel.
- Processing payments with the help of the cash register system.
- Handing over the cash register at the end of the shift and accounting for received money and payments.
- Providing service, such as handling the wake-up service, receiving, and passing on guest requests, complaints etc.
- Taking and transferring calls with guests or colleagues.
- Providing general information, taking notes, and passing on messages.
- Drafting, answering and sending standard letters and e-mails.
- Providing general and tourist information to guests.
- Monitoring and alerting to the entrances of the hotel and security.
- Arranging for the issue and return of keys.
- Maintaining contact with the Housekeeping in connection with late departures, day-use rooms and early arrivals.
- Calling up colleagues (e.g., in case of calamities).
What are your working hours?
Flexibility inside the hospitality is an important quality. At the Front Office, there are various shifts throughout the day: a morning shift (7:00 hours – 15:36 hours), an evening shift (14:45 hours – 23:21 hours) and an intermediate shift (different starting and ending times).
What will help you on your way to the Front Office?
As a receptionist at the Front Office from Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, we expect the following qualities:
- Minimum of MBO-4 work and thinking level.
- You are hospitable, representative, and well-mannered.
- Experience in a similar position is a requirement.
- Easy in communication with guests and colleagues.
- You feel at home in a service-oriented environment.
- You are willing to work the evening and weekend shifts and you have no 9 to 5 mentality.
- You are motivated, ambitious, and not afraid of a challenge.
- You have a professional and service-oriented attitude.
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language. The German language is an advantage.
What can we offer you?
Now that you know what we expect from you, we will mention below what you can expect from us. What we offer you:
- A permanent or part-time employment contract.
- A unique experience at the beach in an exciting working environment!
- A good salary in line with education and experience.
- 25 holiday days and compensation for working during the public holidays. (Full time employment)
- 8% holiday allowance.
- Various career opportunities in line with your ambitions.
- Collective health insurance.
- Contribution to travel expenses (depending on distance between home and work).
- Discount on room nights and in the restaurants of Huis ter Duin.
- 10% discount on products of our gift shop.
- A Preferred Career Network, potential for advancement within the Preferred Hotel Group.
- A unique employer on your resume.