Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin offers you a varied, but above all challenging internship in a five-star deluxe hotel. We are still looking for Reservations Interns.
We are looking for a enthusiastic Reservations Intern, who knows what service and quality means. You absolutely do not have a 9-5 mentality and you are flexible. Are you open-minded and do you not shy away from a challenge? Then read on quickly!
Main tasks and responsibilities as a Reservations Intern:
As a Reservations Intern you support the Reservations Employees in the acceptance, processing and control of all aspects surrounding reservations. Speaking to and informing (potential) guests in the right way are part of your daily work, as well as coordinating and monitoring issued options and providing various overviews regarding reservations, room conversions, etc. Flexibility, team spirit, motivation and collegiality are important elements in the performance of the position. You show a high degree of interest in the organization and its services and you carry out your work with passion and enthusiasm for the profession. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Handling requests using the reservation system;
- Moving the guest to purchase additional services/products;
- Checking whether wishes with regard to numbers and data can be met;
- Informing applicants (guests/organisations) about the possibilities;
- Preparing quotations within the guidelines regarding discounts;
- Recording of bookings made in the reservation system;
- If necessary, recording and monitoring issued options;
- Contact optants to finalize option;
- Handling occurring changes in bookings (cancellations, transfers, etc.);
- Establishing and passing on data to the administration for invoicing;
- Taking care of various overviews regarding reservations and room conversions.
Working in the hospitality industry is a challenge. A challenge that requires passion and motivation, as well as perseverance and discipline. It is working during the holidays and occasionally on weekends during major events. But on the other hand, there are also a lot of positive aspects of the profession, namely: working in a large and passionate team and in a five-star deluxe hotel, the positive reactions of the guests and a nice employer on your CV! The following qualities are expected of you in this position:
- You are hospitable, representative and well-mannered;
- Easy to communicate with guests and colleagues;
- You feel at home in a service-oriented environment;
- You are willing to work evening and weekend shifts and you do not have a 9 to 5 mentality;
- You are motivated and not afraid of a challenge;
- Professional and service-oriented attitude;
- You have a good grasp on the English and preferably German language;
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
We offer you:
- A unique internship experience at the beach in an exciting working environment;
- An instructive challenge within a large and enthusiastic team;
- A great employer on your CV;
- A nice internship compensation;
- Free for One (if you come to dinner with a group, you do not have to pay as an employee);
- Discounts on room nights
- 10% discount on items from our gift shop;
- A Preferred Career Network: you can grow further in one of the other hotels of the Preferred Hotel Group;
- The possibility to rent a room in our staff hotel De Golf.