Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is looking for a creative Sous Chef for the kitchen.
- Providing beautiful and diverse à la carte dishes;
- Preparing lunch and dinner;
- Coordinating / organizing the execution of the work in the kitchen;
- Receiving, checking and storing orders in the kitchen, warehouse and refrigerated/freezer areas;
- In the absence of the Head Chef; assigning activities, monitoring progress and execution quality of the activities, planning and supervising mise en place activities;
- Monitor work progress and quality in the kitchen;
- Preparing dishes in all parties;
- Contribute ideas in menus and dish composition as well as the development of recipes and calculations;
- Trying out and assessing new recipes: developing recipe instructions for employees;
- Taking care of the daily orders, in the absence the Head Chef;
- Working according to the HACCP standard.
Job expectations, who are you?
You naturally lead and know how to transfer your passion for the hospitality industry to other talents. You enjoy working in a kitchen and you have an affinity with beautiful, fresh products and materials. Our Sous Chef meets or largely masters;
- You are in possession of an SVH chef training (or comparable);
- Preferably experience in a similar hospitality position;
- In possession of a diploma in Social Hygiene;
- Possession of a teacher’s diploma is an advantage;
- Experience in leading/coaching a team is an advantage;
- Command of the Dutch language and the English language;
- Motivated and active attitude;
- Team player.
As a Sous Chef we offer you:
The kitchens of Huis ter Duin offer you a varied and challenging position in a beautiful environment within the catering industry and;
- A permanent employment contract;
- 4/5 day working week with full-time employment;
- A unique experience in a dynamic working environment!;
- Sufficient time and space to develop yourself;
- A salary in accordance with the Horeca Collective Labor Agreement (tailored to position and work experience);
- Accrual of holidays and 8% holiday allowance;
- Group health insurance;
- Contribution to travel costs (depending on commuting distance);
- Compensation for working on holidays;
- Free for One, staff discount in all our restaurants;
- Discount on room nights;
- A Preferred Career Network: you can also grow further in one of the other hotels of the Preferred Hotel Group;
- A great employer on your CV!
- Possibility of living space close to the hotel and parking facilities.