Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin offers you a varied, but above all challenging internship in a five-star deluxe hotel. We are still looking for interns for our Banquet & Conventions department.
The Banquet & Conventions department produces all the planning for all events in Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. As interns of the department, you support the event planners in drawing up these scenarios, supervising the events on the shop floor and providing operational support if necessary.
The Business Center is also part of our department. The Conference Services Officer will perform his/her “office” duties here at certain services and will also be at the disposal of our business guests to receive them personally and to welcome and honor them with extra wishes during the meetings.
This could include organizing:
- Entertainment and decoration;
- External lunch and dinner locations;
- Social programs;
- Congress Registration;
- Hostess services;
- Program booklets and invitations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Personal, telephone and written interviews with our guests;
- Drafting planning scripts ;
- Personal reception and guidance of business contacts during events in the hotel. (Business Center);
- Corresponding with our suppliers;
- Operational support breakfast and banquet department;
- Hostess services;
- Identifying and creating new services for the business market.
Working in the hospitality industry is a challenge. A challenge that requires passion and motivation, as well as perseverance and discipline. It is working during the holidays and occasionally on weekends during major events. But on the other hand, there are also a lot of positive aspects of the profession, namely: working in a large and passionate team and in a five-star deluxe hotel, the positive reactions of the guests and a nice employer on your CV!
- Command (oral and written) of the English language;
- Good dealings with guests;
- Commercial skills;
- Dare to make independent decisions;
- Have a sense of responsibility;
- Sense of service and service at a high level;
- Able to work on a project basis;
- Have planning and organization talent;
- Have general knowledge, preferably in the field of the Netherlands;
- Representative appearance;
- Being able to set priorities;
- Computer experience in the field;
- Flexible and independent;
- Personal characteristics;
- Creative and innovative in spirit;
- Self-starter and perseverance;
- Improvisation talent;
- Alert and sense of details;
- Vision for the future;
- Be willing to learn and gain experience.
The working hours depend on the events taking place. We perform both week and weekend shifts. These can take place from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Of course we always try to schedule the services as efficiently as possible for the interns so that there is also the opportunity to go home and the often long travel times are taken into account.
We offer you:
- A unique internship experience at the beach in an exciting working environment;
- An instructive challenge within a large and enthusiastic team;
- A great employer on your CV;
- A nice internship compensation;
- Free for One (if you come to dinner with a group, you do not have to pay as an employee);
- Discounts on room nights
- 10% discount on items from our gift shop;
- A Preferred Career Network: you can grow further in one of the other hotels of the Preferred Hotel Group;
- The possibility to rent a room in our staff hotel De Golf.