To strengthen our enthusiastic team, we are looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor Intern.
As a Housekeeping intern at Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, you are part of the Housekeeping team and therefore responsible for producing 254 clean hotel rooms.
Description of function
You will play an important part in the guest’s experience. As a Housekeeping Supervisor, your tasks include:
- Being responsible for the way the hotel looks and leading a group of 10-15 Housekeeping employees;
- Delegating tasks, giving instructions or advice, controlling the quality and productivity of your colleagues;
- Guiding and teaching new employees on matters such as working methods, procedures and etiquette;
- Assisting with challenges in occupancy, together with your supervisor;
- Being responsible for registering hours of colleagues and managing access-keys;
- Performing cleaning duties next to your supervisor responsibilities.
Expectations, who are you?
- You are representative, hospitable and service-oriented;
- You know how to organise your work and that of others;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- Your competences include motivating, controlling and stimulating others;
- Service and quality come naturally to you;
- You are pro-active and detail-oriented;
- You are flexible and prepared to work in evenings and weekends;
- You are fluent in English.
We can offer you
- An internship contract with the possibility of a full-time contract after your internship;
- An internship compensation;
- A staff hotel within walking distance, which you share with all our other interns;
- An educative challenge in a large and enthusiastic team;
- A professional teacher to guide you through your internship;
- A respected employer on your resume;
- Compensation for travel expenses (depending on commute);
- Free for One (if you dine with a group, you eat for free);
- A discount on overnight stays;
- A 10% discount on items from our giftshop;
- A Preferred Career Network; with the opportunity to grow your career within the Preferred Hotel Group.