Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin is a teaching company at heart. We offer interesting internships and learning opportunities within the hospitality industry.
Start date: in consultation
Why we need you:
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern with a passion for Food & Beverage. We offer a broad selection of diverse restaurants, bars and terraces. From a brasserie to a Michelin restaurant, this is your opportunity to gain experience within the hospitality industry within our luxury restaurants!
You will be working in a team who’s responsibility it is to take care of guests’ wishes, whether it’s taking orders or serving our dishes.
Do you want to work in an experienced and highly trained team and would you like to experience every aspect of the F&B industry? Apply now! We offer exceptional internships and learning years throughout the entire year. We advise a learning period of 5 months to a year in order to get the most out of the experience, shorter periods are negotiable.
How will you use your skills?
- You will welcome guests and address them in several languages. English is a must but we will help you if necessary.
- Serving-activities such as taking and serving orders.
- Planning and submitting table-reservations and giving information to guests.
- Financial responsibilities; producing bills and handling financial transactions.
What are your working hours?
Work is divided in morning-, afternoon-, and evening-shifts 7 days of the week. Your schedule is determined by your department head. We also work during weekends and holidays.
Who are you?
- You are hospitable and represent the entire company;
- You are eager to learn;
- You communicate easily with colleagues and guests;
- You feel at home in a service-oriented environment;
- You are fluent in English.
What do we offer you?
- An internship with a chance of a full-time employment after your internship or learning period;
- An internship compensation;
- Personnel housing within walking distance, which you share with all other interns, where you also have the opportunity for permanent residence;
- An educational challenge within a large and enthusiastic team;
- A professional teacher to guide you through the learning process;
- A respected employer on your C.V.;
- Travel-compensation, if necessary;
- Free for One (If you dine with company, you do not have to pay for your meal);
- A discount on stays in the hotel;
- A 10% discount for products from our gift shop;
A Preferred Career Network: the chance to grow your career in other (international) hotels of the Preferred Hotel Group. The Preferred Hotel Group is world’s largest independent hotel group and represents over 750 different hotels, resorts, residences and unique hotel groups in 85 countries. Besides that, they offer travellers a unique and luxurious hospitality experience and good service that fits their lifestyle and quality-norms.