Sustainability is in the DNA of Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin.
As a family business, we are passionate about leaving the world a better place for future generations. Transparency and innovation are important. All the initiatives we undertake are based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals drawn up by the United Nations. We work with certified partners, including It Must Be NOW and EarthCheck. The latter partner monitors our progress and innovation. During an annual audit, we have to show what has improved compared to previous years in order to keep our status. Our goal is to be Net Positive as soon as possible. Do you want to be part of this? Then read on quickly.
TO DO during a work week:
- Weekly one to one with the Managing Director to track progress;
- Close contact with sustainability team members to monitor progress;
- Always looking for large or small initiatives that contribute our sustainability goals:
- The workplace is located in the executive office. You will experience up close the ins and outs of daily operations;
- The school project runs parallel with a challenge we want to research further. The results of the project will be incorporated into day-to-day business activities.
MATCH made in heaven:
- HBO studies in hospitality/sustainability;
- Minimum 20 weeks;
- Curious and innovative are qualities that describe you well;
- Affinity with sustainability and you understand that sustainability is more than just being “green”;
- Ambitious and not afraid of a challenge;
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
WHAT’S in it for you:
- Internship allowance a €600,- per month (gross);
- You work with international partners on sustainability issues. Good for networking opportunity’s;
- Huis ter Duin is a partner of Preferred Hotels & Resorts: that means international networking possibilities;
- Discounts on rooms and in restaurants of Huis ter Duin;
- 10% discount on items from our gift shop;.
- Participating in the vitality program established by MC Wellness;
- Living further away? We offer accommodation options at our Employee Hotel ” The Golf”. We charge a fee for this. It is a 15-minute walk from Huis ter Duin and 3 minutes from the beach.